Alteryx Celebrates 2019 Analytics Excellence Award Winners and ACEs
IRVINE, Calif. and NASHVILLE, Tenn., June 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Alteryx, Inc. (NYSE: AYX), revolutionizing business through data science and analytics, today announced the recipients of the 2019 Alteryx Analytics Excellence Awards and new ACE program members at the company’s annual user conference, Inspire U.S. 2019. During a keynote addressing the event audience, Olivia Duane Adams, co-founder and chief customer officer, recognized Alteryx customers for driving change within their organizations and communities and pushing the boundaries of what is possible with data science and analytics.
2019 Analytics Excellence Awards
Alteryx created the Alteryx Analytics Excellence Awards to celebrate users that go above and beyond to make a difference within their teams, organization, industry or community. The following use cases were selected as this year’s honorees:
- Using Analytics to Identify Product Safety Concerns at Polaris: Jason Lahr and Jenna Melnick spearheaded a project at Polaris, using Alteryx to automate the process of identifying potential safety concerns from technical case data for Polaris’ suite of snowmobile, commercial, on-road and off-road vehicles. This approach helped identify more safety issues in warranty claims and resulted in better customer service, satisfaction and retention.
- Toyo Engineering Reduces its Workload to a Fraction: Toyo Engineering, the Japanese engineering, procurement and construction company, serves the hydrocarbons and petrochemical sectors worldwide. For each of the industrial plants they partner with as a company, Shuntaro Saito, Daisuke Tsuchiya and Yasuaki Shinozaki recognized differences in conditions, situations in each phase of design, procurement and construction work, but extracting data from spreadsheets was inefficient and time-consuming. With Alteryx, the Toyo Engineering team was able to perform complicated conditional processing easily and saw their efficiency increase by 30 times when compared to their previous method.
- Health Insurance Company Multiplies its Email Campaigns: Neal Thomas recognized a weakness in compiling marketing campaign data for the Medicare Marketing Department at an American health insurance company, due to a lack of a CRM tool, CRM database and siloed IT departments operating several data source systems. Utilizing Alteryx Designer, Neal successfully increased the number of email campaigns, open rates and cost savings for each campaign, and retention rates for his company’s Medicare program.
- Building Aviation Charts with Designer and R: Pilots rely on manually-crafted charts to learn more about their destination airport or airfield, and these charts contain invaluable information like safety warnings, terrain contours, communication frequencies and other instructions that affect flight safety. Ozzy Campos at TerraVeta recognized that the technicians creating these charts spent a lot of their time extracting data from a database piece-by-piece. By implementing Alteryx Designer, the TerraVeta team was able to organize massive amounts of data and plot the data onto each chart with perfect accuracy, freeing up valuable time for aviation experts to focus on larger conceptual issues that require human interpretation.
- Determining the Right Location for Healthcare Facilities: Determining which communities need new physician clinics and which types of physicians should be staffed at each location is a daunting task. Bob Fulghum, president of Altab Solutions, wanted to use a data-driven approach to find the best location suited to the needs of the community for his client. Rather than having analysts sift through complicated government data and attempt to analyze it on their own, Alteryx Server, Alteryx Designer and its Spatial tools provided a reliable snapshot of physician supply and demand in the market. By leveraging Alteryx, Bob was able to obtain actionable insights in a quick and cost-effective manner.
The ACE Program
Alteryx also introduced the newest members of the ACE program during Inspire. These influential Alteryx superusers offer invaluable support to their peers and the broader data science and analytics community. The six new members joining the existing 26 ACEs are:
- Fiona Gordon, BI strategist director at Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc.: Fiona is passionate about exploring data for trends and outliers, once believing she could not do her job successfully without code, until she found Alteryx. Fiona says Alteryx is to data what peanut butter is to jelly.
- Kenda Barnes, actuarial analyst at MedPro Group: Kenda co-leads the Indianapolis Alteryx User Group and is eager to share her journey with a global community, bringing together analysts with different backgrounds and skill sets.
- Nick Haylund, creator at nyxDATA: Nick grew from an analyst drowning in spreadsheets and SQL to thriving as a creator, advocate and champion of self-service analytics. Nick co-leads the Minneapolis Alteryx User Group and loves sharing his journey with the global community both online and offline.
- Samantha Jayne Hughes, analytical systems developer at Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd: Samantha leads the Coventry-Midlands Alteryx User Group and mentors individuals who are carving out their analytics paths. She teaches Alteryx at Sainsbury’s and cites her biggest reward as saving her team hundreds of hours and witnessing the «aha!» moment with Alteryx.
- Thales Donizeti, senior BI consultant at Five Acts: Thales is a consistent top contributor to the Alteryx Community and is spreading the thrill of solving in Brazil. He provides valuable contributions to Five Acts’ customers, from integrating data sources to building predictive models.
- Yugandhar Muley, vice president of Global Data School: Yug co-founded and leads the Bangalore Alteryx User Group in Bangalore, India. Through Alteryx For Good, he and his team were able to bring in over 100 volunteers with Alteryx skills, delivering huge impacts for local charities. His passion for giving back to the community is unparalleled.
«It’s truly amazing to witness the impact that Alteryx users have on their communities, organizations and peers around the world,» said Duane Adams. «This particular class of Alteryx Analytics Excellence Award winners and ACEs represent many countries, industries and backgrounds, and we are thrilled to recognize their achievements and amplification of data science and analytics around the world.»
For additional details on this year’s submissions, visit the Excellence Awards Hall of Fame on Alteryx Community. Alteryx customers can submit use cases for Alteryx Analytics Excellence Awards consideration all year on the Alteryx Use Cases page.
About Alteryx, Inc.
Revolutionizing business through data science and analytics, Alteryx offers an end-to-end analytics platform that empowers data analysts and scientists alike to break data barriers, deliver insights, and experience the thrill of getting to the answer faster. Organizations all over the world rely on Alteryx daily to deliver actionable insights. For more information visit www.alteryx.com.
Alteryx is a registered trademark of Alteryx, Inc. All other product and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alteryx-celebrates-2019-analytics-excellence-award-winners-and-aces-300866253.html
SOURCE Alteryx, Inc.